Just wanted to share with you my current food obsession of the moment. For dinner this evening, I had vegan spring rolls! Too easy to make and wayyyyyy cheaper than in the restaurant! It’s seriously my favorite Vietnamese dish and I actually grew up eating these, but a not-as-clean version that had loads of vermicelli noodles, maybe a fried onion, and some fatty pork sausage inside. Looks light because it’s all transparent and everything, but those things inside add up!
In my version today, I’m using sauteed tofu and a variety of veggies to stuff my rice wrapper with! Check it out:
Firm or extra firm tofu cut into rectangular “steaks”
– Alfalfa Sprouts
– Spring mix lettuce
– Rice paper
– Soy Sauce
– Sesame Soy Ginger Vinaigrette
I am not putting amounts by the ingredients only because you can really stuff it as much or as little as you want. I just like to leave the ingredients out, stuff and roll as I go until I am full!
Directions for tofu:
- Cut tofu into rectangle steaks. Marinate for 5 min in a soy sauce/pepper/stevia blend to taste. You can also use another sweetener of choice.
- Heat pan, put some oil on the pan (sesame oil is great), and throw minced garlic on there. 2-3 cloves.
- Lay tofu slices on the pan. Wait until 1 side is slightly browned before flipping.
Directions for rice paper roll:
- Wet the rice paper in a bath of water. I like just filling a large shallow dish with water and leaving it on the table. Then I spin the rice paper like a disc in it until the whole thing is wet front and back.
- Put your veggies on. Then your tofu. 4 slices will work great!
- Rice paper should be soft and flexible now. Roll like a burrito.
And what dipping sauce did I use? Usually if you mix Hoison sauce with lime and some sriracha, it is HEAVEN! But I didn’t have any laying around today (plus it has so much sugar) so I used my fave salad dressing from Trader Joes: Sesame Soy Ginger Vinaigrette! It was perfect.
So filling!! Looks light but I was done after 3 of these rolls! (The one above is 1 roll cut into 2).
Ahh! And the moment you’ve all been waiting for! The announcement of Nike Free Run winner #3! Who will it be? Last week’s task was to retweet and y’all did a fab job! Drum roll pleaseee….
And this week’s Nike Free’s go to Amanda B on Twitter! Congrats girl! Please send an email to [email protected] to claim your prize! Thanks to WeightTraining.com for hosting this giveaway with me! Also, in case you didn’t know, you can actually check how many cals these POP HIITs burn by entering you stats on their website! Check here.
Not Amanda? No worries. You’ve got 2 more chances to get these shoes. This coming week is all about TUMBLR!!! Your task will be to reblog the POP HIIT 7 and POP HIIT 8 printables I put up on tumblr on Tuesday and Thursday. If you don’t have an account, you can make one! It’s free! Be sure to follow Blogilates on Tumblr to see the printables.
Alrighty guys! That is all for now! Have a FABULOUS start to your week!
Oh question! What your fave summer recipe that keeps you cool, fresh, and feeling light?