This week, we’re headed to Italy and making some Ravioli!!! But not a traditional ravioli of course…one that’s gluten free, natural, and low in carbs! Instead of using the traditional pasta dough to make the pockets for the meat filling, I sliced yellow squash into thin ribbons and weaved them into hashtag cradles!
Here’s what you’ll need:
This makes about 3 servings! Maybe more if you’re able to get more ribbons out of the squash. I ended up with 3 large turkey patties that I later ate by themselves :)
1. Blend cottage cheese, turkey, oregano, basil, and spinach in a food processor.
2. Then slice your squash into thin ribbons using a mandolin slicer or a slicing tool like I used in the video. I got mine at Bed Bath and Beyond.
3. Take 4 ribbons and weave them into hashtags. Fill with meat stuffing, close up, and slip over to close. I made 6.
4. Place in oven at 350F for 20-25 min.
5. While baking, create your raw marinara sauce! SO GOOD by the way.
RAW MARINARA SAUCE RECIPE:
3 roma tomatoes
12 pcs of sun dried tomatoes
1 clove of garlic
fresh basil leaves (I used 5)
1/2 TBS of oregano
1 – 2 dates depending on sweet you like it!
Blend it up and bam, you have sauce!!
6. Take the ravioli out of the oven, place 2 on a plate, then top with your homemade marinara! That’s it. Enjoy :)
Hope you decide to make this recipe this weekend! If you do, be sure to use the hashtag #cheapcleaneats so I can like and comment on your pics! Ya’ll are amazing chefs I must say from what I’ve seen so far!!!
Eat well and work hard!