CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS!
Chicken breasts ($1.99/lb), 2 lbs = $3.98
Iceberg lettuce ($1 each), 1 head = $1.00
Onion ($0.99/lb), 9 oz – $0.56
Celery ($1.50/bunch), 1 bunch = $1.50
TOTAL COST (4 servings): $7.04
COST PER SERVING: $1.76
Wanted to share with you a super yummy recipe I made the other day that was uber clean and ultra delish!!! I made chicken lettuce wraps and ended up using not so much chicken because I volumized the “stuffing” with onions and celery! Was so good! Give it a shot! Here’s my recipe:
1. Bake or boil your chicken breasts then chop them into itty bitty pieces.
2. Then put some virgin coconut oil in a big wok or pan, get it super hot, and throw in your chopped onion (mmmm will smell so good) and chopped celery!
3. Next place the chopped chicken in. Season with some fish sauce, stevia, and black pepper to taste. If you don’t like these ingredients, no worries, you can season however you desire.
4. Then wash your iceberg lettuce, chop in half. Make sure to chop the correct way…you will want to slice that nubbin on the bottom of the head in half. If you don’t chop thru that, you’re lettuce cups won’t be the right kind of cup.
5. Serve by putting the “stuffing” inside a leaf, wrap it up, and eat!!!! You don’t even need sauce.
Enjoy! Tweet or instagram me pics if you do this!