Nope it’s not an oxymoron!
Happy Healthy Hannukah!
Last night, I decided to be in the holiday spirit and make one of my fave December foods! Latkes! They are basically like hashbrowns, which are basically like french fries, which basically means they taste amazing and are not healthy for you when consumed in generous amounts!
So what do I decide to do?
Make a healthy version!
So here’s the recipe I came up with inspired by the Atkin’s version of a latke:
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 small zucchinis (peeled and grated)
- 1 medium sweet potato (peeled and grated)
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- Coconut oil or PAM
- Peel the zucchini and sweet potato, then grate them. I used a cheese grater thing.
- Chop your onion.
- Then place all that in a huge bowl and crack 2 eggs over it.
- Stir it all together.
- Set your pan to medium high heat and grease with coconut oil.
- Splat the mixture on the pan.
- Flip when one side is crispy golden brown.
These were so delish! First I subbed nonfat plain greek yogurt for sour cream! Then I went crazy and tried it with sriracha. To tell you the truth, I liked that best.
Who woulda THUNK!!???
Hope you’re having fun this December. For those of you in school, you must be going through Hell Week right now. Study hard and don’t eat junk food! That’s why you break out! Bad food, no exercise, and stress! Make sure you sleep too.
Well, I say that but I was pretty bad during finals week and Hell Week too. All nighters were common. Well actually, they still occur and I graduated 3 years ago!
Sending my love and best wishes to our POPster students! Good luck with finals – you’re gonna do GREAT!!!
PS – If you feel like you need something sweet and you have a carb craving you cannot curb, make a good choice and make the microwave easy cookie! Here’s the recipe. Then share with your roommates!