How to do the splits! Full stretch routine!

You asked for it! Here it is!

Just try to do this routine everyday and you will be able to do the splits eventually. Once I was doing a dance routine and I ended in the splits, but kinda went too fast into it and heard a loud POP as I bounced on the floor. It didn’t hurt at the moment but for about 1 year, I was not able to even lift my legs beyond a 90 degree angle when lying down. It was horrendous!

I stretched for about 10 min every night for a year and I was able to stretch myself to a full split again and I healed safely.

So yea, it takes time guys! Be patient but work hard!!

Also, workout calendar is coming out Friday August 31st!!!! Make sure to check your email for the newsletter with the password!!! You can sign up for the newsletter at the top right corner of the blog.

Love ya!

Comments

1. girlspop1 says:

hi really want to learn my splits i am close i need help i sterech for year and half but i can not do anything now can give tips for beginners thank you a alot

2. Hi,my name is Tianari Redelinghuys,and I live in south-africa,and next year 2014,I want to join a dancing school,but I really want to be able to split when I join,because everysingle child there can do the splits,I’ll just embaress myself if I can’t,but I’m not very flexible,the highest I am from the ground when I do the splits is about…..2 feet…!!!can you please maybe give me a programme or something that will help me. Maybe to split in 3-4 weeks tops,thanx!*

3. robwarrior says:

1 do the harf split so get your left leg an then your rite leg by looking at you led where its pointing and by that shriving the leg to do 30 junbing jacks and revers so do 60 FOLLOW ME ON YOU TUBE MY CHANEL IS CALL ED psyche truth

4. I tried it was fun but it does hurt your legs :I

5. my leg is really sore because I just poped them

6. Thank u so much. Because of your video i learned how to do a left and right split. I now do it everyday and it’s really easy. Thanks so much.

• hi i know you do not know me i am 9 i am close to doing the splits but evertime i keep going sideways i take gymnastic and really need some tips can you help by giving some tips

7. Pretty Girl 22 says:

I really want to learn to do the splits so I’m going to start doing this exercise twice a day. Do you think doing it that frequently is bad. Like if I do it in the morning when I wake up and then before I go to bed? Just want to know if I could possibly injure myself that way.

• no you wouldn’t injure yourself just be careful on what stretches you put yourself into and how you time yourself

PS: don’t push yourself to far on what ever stretches you are doing and don’t stay on a stretch longer than 2mins
      have fun on your splits

8. Nice, thanks for this. I am almost there with the splits, only need to stretch my hips a little further!
    But the way, the people in the video is very distracting. Perhaps next time find a quiet area.
    Amelia http://www.chaiacupoflife.com

9. i can do it but it hurts after a couple of min

10. Hi i am really not flexible an if you guys were like me and could do a split now please give me some tips

11. I got the farthest I have ever gotten in the splits for the 1st time watching this video! Thanks :)

12. FiftyisPretty says:

i’m 53….i try to stay in shape….used to do half-splits only but i’m on my way to doing full splits….let’s go!

13. Emmanuelle says:

Do I have to do the splits the way Cassey does it with these stretches or can I sit facing forward (instead of down my leg)

14. Omg I don’t even know you but I already love you @_@ .. somehow you just really made me happy and inspired seriously what kind of magic are you?
    Thank you so much !

15. I do this everyday for a week now. I’ve been wanting to do the splits for a long time. I haven’t seen much improvement yet but I will continue doing this until I reach my goal! (: I’m never giving up until I reach my Goal!

16. Abcarterxx says:

WEIRD, that exact same thing happened to me, I was in agony doing anything that involved stretching my leg but i rested it for two months as I was not allowed to go to dancing and it healed and I am now working to reach my splits again!!

17. hey im a little chubby , do you think i can do splits ? :[

18. Welll I’m only a child but I need to do the splits for my dancing classes so THANK YOU :))))

19. Molly Clarke says:

This is a great way I started gymnastics about 1 year ago and they have been frustrated that they can never help me get down to the splits,I watched this video once and when you said let’s have a ago at going into the splits I went into them in a breath thank you so much!!!:)

20. Manuela Bremer says:

Hi,
    I have a little problem and I was hoping if you could help me.
    If I worked out, than I’m all stiff the next day (and I do get a good warmup)
    So if I want to stretch the next day, I can’t do it optimal because I’m stiff.. Does the stretching work if I’m stiff and can’t get as far as the day before?
    X

21. Tishana says:

Is this a good stretch to do for the clicking in my hips when I do leg circles?

22. Anonimno says:

*** RECI IM DA IH VOLIM ***
    —————————————————
    * Hello,I love you * Jeste,vi ste jedan dobri narod Božiji * Wish You Were Here * Bad To The Bone * Veruj Boga i Hrista,pa ćeš se spasti i ti i dom tvoj * The Letter * We Will Rock You * Verovanje vaše,vama pomaže * Thank You * On The Road Again * Rock and Roll * Verovanje vaše,vas isceljuje * Nights in White Satin * Light My Fire * Dobar je Bog * Roadhouse Blues * Whole Lotta Love * L.A Woman * Sympathy For The Devil * Šta nam može učiniti čovek,kada s nama je Bog * Walk this Way * Smoke On The Water * House of the Rising Sun * Pinball Wizard * Bog s tobom * Let it Rain * Let it Snow * Jerusalem,moga srca istinski dom,tvoje ime je zauvek milo meni * Dust in the Wind * Peace Of Mind * Piece of My Heart * All Right Now * Ovo napisao,sluša,i pročitao je spasen i isceljen Bogom Isusom Hristom * Glory to Lord Jesus Christ *
    —————————————————
    * Santo eres tu,santo eres tu,santo eres tu Senjor Jesu * Vaja kon Dios * Mas amor,mas poder,mas de ti en mi vida,mas amor,mas poder,mas de ti en mi vida * Itjalabare kon todo mi Corazon,itjalabare kon todo miser,itjalabare kon todas mi ferca,porqeres mi Senjor,eres mi Dios,porqeres mi Senjor,eres mi Dios *
    —————————————————
    * The Lord bless you and keep you * The Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you * The Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace *
    —————————————————
    *** Psalm 103,136 i 45:1,2 ***

23. Mackenzie says:

This is great! I already have a summer abs conditioning list for cheerleading, so it’s also great to have a set of stretches to get to the splits. Thank you so much! You’re very inspiring and you will make me determined to getting flexible. :)

24. I couldn’t pay attention I need a guy doing it or else I get distracted.
    I’m a guy and doing this for my tricking and MMA.:)

25. The best part of this was watching the reactions of the people as they walked by! :) I’ve been looking for a good stretch for the splits for a while, so I’m excited to try this out. I’ll be adding it to my beginner’s calendar. You’re really good at making me determined to work hard for this. I’m going to be so toned come band camp ^ ^

1. […] Blogilates: How to do the splits with a full stretch routine […]

2. […] the splits goal, I’ve been doing this stretching routine from Blogilates since the beginning of September. While I’m still nowhere near being able to do the splits, […]

3. […] ** Make sure your body is warm before you stretch. Stretch after your cardio workout or do 25 jumping jacks or tag these stretches onto the end of your yoga routine. Just make sure you aren’t trying to get into the splits cold. Do a couple of lunges and preparatory stretches before you go right into it. Here’s an example of a splits stretching routine from Blogilates. […]