How are you all today?
If any of you had a problem with the blog yesterday, I think it should be fixed now! Let me know if there are any issues! I think it had something to do with how large the printables were this time around. I’ll try to downsize them next time.
Anyway…seems like it’s back to school season! Oh my. I’ve been out of school now for 3 years and let me tell you, I don’t miss it one bit! I mean, sure, dorming, 24/7 friends, and endless activities were fun but studying, homework, and exams were NOT!!!! I remember those Bio major days…labs and late night study sessions…all nighters. The forced academic work is long gone, but I still find myself running on college time. As you know, I am a super night owl and I think it’s because of my odd college sleep schedule – or lack thereof.
I wonder how many of you are going back to school? It means the ends of long summer days where you can do anything you want! And for a lot of you (I’ve read your tweets and YouTube comments) it means the end of free time for working out.
I know how important studying and getting good grades are. And sometimes you do have to sacrifice that one hour that was supposed to go to your run or POP Pilates to an extra hour of homework or much needed sleep. I hear ya. So what do you do?!! How do you “make time” for exercise when you don’t have any!!???
Here are some things you can focus on while in school to make exercise a part of your lifestyle:
- When you don’t have time to exercise, at least you could work on your diet.
- Eat as many veggies as possible to fill you up during meals. (Step away from the pizza and burgers please. I know they are tempting….)
- Drink a lot of water! Strive towards a gallon if you’re active. (Basically if you’re peeing several times a day and your urine is pale, you are good!)
- Snack on fresh, whole fruit, or fresh veggies. (Love carrots and hummus, yum!)
- Walk everywhere, wear comfy shoes (thank goodness Nike Free’s are fashionable), and take the stairs. (Even if you live on the top floor of a dorm on top of a hill. Umm, I once did okay!?)
- Sign up for a physical exercise class to get credit! Universities will offer Pilates, Dance, Martial Arts etc. as a class – so great time to get sweaty with classmates and for an easy grade!
- Join an club or a sports team! I was a part of a Ballroom Dance Group while I was at Whittier – practice was always so much fun! Below is a picture of me and my partner Eric back when I was a junior! (This reminds me…I need to put up that vid of how to stretch for the splits…)
- Join the gym at your school – or the local one. Yup. Easy. You pay for it, you go.
- Set up workout nights with your roommates or floormates! Gather ’round in the lobby and play a series of POP Pilates vids! Doesn’t get simpler than that! And great way to meet new people too.
- Ask your RA (resident advisor) to sponsor a workout night. He or she has a budget to spend and can buy you guys healthy food snacks. Trust me…RA’s like it when residents come up with their own activities. I was an RA and we had to put on programs every month. It was a requirement. The scariest thing about putting on these programs was wondering whether or not anyone would come!
- Make a vision board and stick it by your computer or on your desk. Fill it with motivational quotes and pictures! Look at it everyday and it will keep you on track!
- Get a food logger or fitness logger app like MyNetDiary or MyFitnessPal if you wanna track how many cals you’re eating and burning throughout the day! Be conscious of how you’re nourishing your body and how you’re spending your energy or else it will be too easy to gain weight. Mindless snacking and idle studying can get dangerous for your waistline…
- If you really don’t have time to work out, then do anything you can. Even 1 video. Or 10 burpees. Or just my workout commands. Anything. Just do something. Every rep counts.
Hope that helps!!!
For those of you not going back to school, this Labor Day Weekend marks the end of summer and the beginning of cozy sweaters, skinny jeans, and boots. (I just bought a new outfit recently! So cute! – Look!)
These are from MIA. They were $79.99 at Nordstrom Rack. I love them dearly and cannot wait to wear them! But umm, when I got home, I saw that I had like 5 other pairs of brown wedge boots. Oops. Well, in my defense, I don’t have a brown pair with fringe that hits mid-calf okay!?
I’ve also been sooooo on the fence with colored jeans. I did the whole colored jean shorts thing this summer but pants!? Well, I said what the heck and went for it!!! They look fab! I got some electric blue cords and now want to buy either purple ones or raspberry ones. Then I was gonna be cray cray and buy patterned ones but I stopped myself and said, “Cassey, will you look back one day and say DID I REALLY WEAR THAT!!???” So I didn’t get it. But I can pretty much assure you…that I will…just need to build up the courage…because deep deep in my heart I want them. Haha.
Well POPsters, just because Summer is ending doesn’t mean our fitness party has to!!! You have a new September Calendar coming up! Make sure you are subscribed to the newsletter to get the secret password mailed to ya! This calendar is gonna be a little different, so you’ll def want to take a look!!! You can sign up for the newsletter here.
Hope you’re all well and I totally love and miss you all so much! (The only reason why I say miss is because I haven’t posted a vloggy vid in a few days and when I don’t I feel like I’m not talking to you!)
Kay, love you’s and work hard!!!
PS…hope you had a chance to give me your input on the Blogilates Fitness app! Remember, I am picking a tank winner on Friday just for commenting!