“How to get an inner thigh gap”

Hey guys!

This is a coooool new workout I just shot a couple days ago with some awesome London POPsters. I am so happy you guys came out to do this and it was fabulous getting to know you and get our sweat on!

This vid was filmed in Hyde Park and man, there were a lot of bugs. I got bit around my ankles and am still so itchy!!

Anyway, I wanted to address something really quick.

I know that this video will probably be passed around the Tumblr thinspo with girls asking “how to get an inner thigh gap”.

So today’s video is all about toning up the inner thighs and helping you target that trouble zone. Thigh gaps may look desirable as many models have them, but may not be achievable by all women. It has something to do with the distance between your hips! So do not get disillusioned and work out just for vanity – do it for the right reasons – to get stronger and to get more skilled at Pilates as a craft. The results will follow if you put your heart and mind in the right place. Eating clean and cardio will also help you slim down all over! Just remember, it is a whole lifestyle change!!!! If you’re not sure where to start (newbie POPsters) – I have a great meal plan with the 90 Day Challenge.

Ok off to film a few more things before I leave London! Ahhhh, can’t believe these few weeks flew by SO FAST!!!! Ridiculous.

Will miss this lovely place and the new friends I made…

photo courtesy of Lomornaotoole.com

Comments

1. i know a lot of girl out there wanna have a inner thigh i did some research and i use to have a thigh gap but then i started working out and you built fat so it turns into muscle and my legs are strong so if you wanna stay fit and strong just wanna say you can have both at the same time

2. turqwolf says:

I want to first start by saying I completely agree that thigh gaps are not attainable by all women and that everyone should be content and happy with who they are. With that being said I do think that it’s very important to address that a workout like this should be viewed as exercise and not simply to attain the model image. This is a great workout and I absolutely love the way you promote a healthy lifestyle while also encouraging people to be confident with their bodies. I would also like to briefly talk about Jessie’s earlier comment stating that if it wasn’t for the internet-no one would even know what a thigh gap is- and that it is simply an unhealthy goal created by the media. Although I agree that many unhealthy and unrealistic goals may be brought on by the plague of social media we now live in a workout like this is, to put it simply, a great exercise. If people want a bigger thigh gap and go about it by doing this workout daily- that is absolutely awesome.

3. Meredith says:

How often should you do this workout to see results? I already eat clean and do cardio everyday. I also do some of Cassey’s videos and I’m currently doing the beginners calendar. Also, does anyone know how much cardio you should get everyday? I try to get 30 minutes-1 hour. Is this enough to lose weight? Thank you to anyone who can answer my questions!

4. Meredith says:

How often should you do this workout to see results? I already eat clean and do cardio everyday. I also do some of Cassey’s videos and I’m currently doing the beginners calendar. Also, for anyone know how much cardio you should get everyday? I try to get 30 minutes-1 hour. Is this enough to lose weight? Thank you to anyone who can answer my questions!

5. Hi I was wondering if I did this workout 2x a day each day how long will it take me to see the results for my thigh gap?

6. Lindsey says:

How many times a day should you do this to get a thigh gap? i already have a small one since i am skinny but i want to make it bigger. I also do ballet so that helps. Thank you!

7. It’s insane and stupid remarks, like the ones aimed at Milano, that inspire ‘thinspiration’ and extremely
    unhealthy fads such as the ‘thigh gap’ and now ‘ the ‘bikini bridge’.
    Lift your pubic bone into your stomach, as
    in the stomach curl. There’re commonly used in your sectors and segments prefer
    mining, devices equipment, electric powered equipment,
    health care equipment, technology decor, home furniture,
    and strategic planning, running automobiles, shape display cases, equipment, vapor system, production collections and enormous supermarkets.

8. I’m going to use this workout and this inner thingh and slim waist workout (http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-z1KQ9K9yBU ) and hopefully achieve a thigh gap! :-) Wish me luck! And P.S. I think the thigh gap will be achievable for me since i have wide hip bone structure

9. coooooooooooooooool lady, this post is good and also enjoyable. also sexy, this site is loving site.

10. one of my favorite workouts(:

11. Honestly, I think that men don’t even care if we do have thigh gaps or not.. It just something WE want to make US feel good about ourselfs. :) If you want a thigh gap – go ahead and reach that goal. :) If you like to have that bit of fat between your thighs – more power to you :) Everyone is different and everyone has different goals. :)
    Where I’m trying to get ya is that – do things that make you feel good! :)
    i have to admit I wanna have a thigh gap until summer. I am 5’5 and weight 155 pounds which means that there is a lot to work on. But I know that I can do it and I know I will . Sooo… yeah :)

• canadianlady says:

even so, if yo work and work and work, the muscles will build. Look at any athlete. They do not have inner thigh gaps, why? Because they are muscular, not thin. I have never ever in my life had an inner thigh gap, yet I do not have excess fat as I have been playing sports my whole life. Look at Beyonce at the superbowl. Her thighs are massive muscles with no gap. People should just get their legs toned and in shape for health reasons, so you HAVE muscle to lose when you get old and degenerate.

• I believe in you <3 just make sure that if you do workouts to not do too much of them or you could just end up making your legs bigger with muscles, although that's not a bad thing ;-) :)

• I don’t understand how trying to change your skeletal structure would make you feel good about yourself.
      I know thin women for whom it’s impossible to get a thigh gap. their bone structure prevents it.
      I also know heavier/more muscular women WITH thigh gaps. It’s not a status symbol. It’s a result of genetics and skeletal structure.

12. Being honest i dont think its fair for anyone to criticize people for wanting thigh gaps. Yeah okay so maybe i wouldnt want one as much if it werent for the media and the internet but at least im not afraid to admit that i want one because i want to be happy with my body (and also i hate how my shorts ride up because of inner thigh fat). So all this preaching in some of the comments about how people shouldnt want thigh gaps is unfair because i want one only because i think id look good with one and i want to be comfortable wih my body without having all that excess fat. And im not being unrealistic because i know my hips are wide enough to have one. if they werent wide enough i wouldnt really care i just want to get rid of the fat around my thighs. You also shouldnt say thigh gaps look bad because that is hurtful to people who have them naturally

13. Seriously? What I want to know is why all you girls and women want a thigh gap or too be skinnier etc…I understand being fit but I don’t understand why you would want a thigh gap. It’s not sexy and half if not the entire male population would agree. This is so sad. I mean all this is doing is ruining the body God gave you and giving you weird goals and taking up time that could be spent doing better things. You all should ask yourselves “if I didn’t have access to the internet or media that promotes this “thigh gap”, would I want it?”
    Good luck setting real priorities ladies.

• I have to admit I was a little hurt by the comment that it’s not sexy. I can understand telling women who are trying to obtain this body image in a totally unhealthy obsessive way that it is not sexy. I have a natural thigh gap probably about 2-2 1/2 inches. I am 31, 5’9″, 130, and mother to a 3 year old. I am by no means anorexic, I am in actually pretty good shape. I have naturally slender legs and wide hips from child birth. I have never done any exercises to obtain this gap, I eat healthy, I’m active, and don’t have any health problems. Not once has a man ever mentioned my “thigh gap”. They are too busy focused on my other traits (and I not blessed in the upper part of my body either). I do not put down women who want to improve something physically about themselves, but they need to do so in a healthy non-obsessive way.

• The goal of every woman is not to make herself into something that a man wants. Just think about that for a minute please.

• Catie Groom says:

It’s not for men at all. It’s for myself. And there’s no problem in achieving this goal in a healthy way by excercising which is exactly why I came to this website.

• Personally I don’t care about the vanity or what a man may or may not think is ‘sexy’. I want a thigh gap for the simple reason that if your thighs rub when you walk it eventually gets painful, especially if it’s hot out and you’re building up a sweat. I’d also like my shorts to stay put instead of climbing up to sit at the top of my thigh.

Just because a women is working on her body doesn’t automatically mean it’s about vanity.

• Celestine says:

The thing about thigh gaps is that they are only attainable if you have the right bone structure. You can work out all you want, but if you don’t have the right bone structure, you are never going to get a thigh gap. It’s just that simple.

• That’s sort of rude. It’s for us to feel good about ourselves, not to please men.

14. Thisrandomeprson says:

I’ve been doing this twice a day (along with the “Inner Thigh Insanity”) workout for 5 days now! ^^
    Just going to ask~ Has anyone successfully gotten a thigh gap and if so, how long did it take?

• Why do you want an inner thigh gap?

• Well every girl that wants one wants it for different reasons. Maybe she just likes the way it looks. Or maybe it’s more comfortable. I want one because I hate the feeling of my thighs rubbing each other when I walk. Especially if I accidentally get a razor cut when I’m shaving. And when your thighs get sweaty, it feels so gross when they touch. I’ve wanted one since before “thigh gap” became a thing. Having one usually makes girls feel more pretty. There’s nothing wrong with getting one by exercising and eating clean :)

15. Catie Groom says:

Hi, I was wondering if anyone successfully achieved the thigh gap with this excercise? And also what type of cardio would be best to get the gap? I have pretty thin hips and small waist, just trying to get rid of the excess inner thigh fat. Thanks! Love the video!

16. Hey cassey your workouts are great but since I started sweatember my thigs have got more muscular which I don’t really want I would like a thigh gap a bit like kendall jenner. And please could you do a post on the line down your tummy?? Without the abs?? (: xx

17. wow today this post appears on the Argentinian news. They think that the teenagers are obssesive with the thigh gap. Anyway, i love your blog and videos because you always promotes a healthy life.
    Kisses!

18. courtney says:

hey just a question what is the best way to get a thigh gap in a matter of 3-4 weeks?

19. Hi Cassey. I’ve been watching a few of your videos and so far I love them. I’m going to try all of the inner thigh ones and try and get that gap back. I don’t have an unhealthy one session with it, but I have an interesting story, if you’d like to hear it. I’m 16, and my senior year is next year. I’ve always been skinny, fast metabolism, and then I was athletic, it was a nice comboniation. When I got to high school, I left softball and now I do three seasons of track: cross country, winter, and spring. But this past year, I grew about two inches or so, and I filled out, and literally AS I was running (I average about five miles six days a week, it’s something I do well) and AS I was exercising, I felt my thighs get bigger, felt myself lose a bit of that six pack that I used to have. I told myself it didn’t matter, because Im still a size 5 in shorts and an XS-S in shirts where the average girl my age is at least a medium-large and a size 8 or 10 in shorts. In facts, there are not many girls in my high school who have this gap, and I am a healthy weight, there’s really no doubt about that. But today, I went for a seven mile run, and since I returned about 10 hours ago, my thighs still have yet to stop burning. They don’t chaffe together when I walk, but when I run, it’s a violent back and forth rubbing together motion, and Im getting a huge rash. So if I want to keep running, which I absolutely do, I need to get rid of that fat, because I can’t handle the pain when my legs come together when I walk. So I’m going to try and get my gap back, so that I don’t have to embarrassingly quit cross country after being on the varsity team since freshman year.
    Thanks. And you make great videos. Hope it works for me.

• Hey sweetie! I read your story and if you want to keep running, while having the fat, I may have a solution. It is quite weird, but it really helps me. Just put a little bit of silicone-based lubrication on your thighs and the rubbing won’t hurt. :D

Hope this helps :)

20. fantastic workout. i love it. <3 im gonna get that inner thigh gap :D
    oh, and can someone pls tell me what's that music playing in the background? it's nice :)

21. HELP!!!!! Will this bulk up your thighs???

• It won’t bulk up your thighs. As a lovely females we don’t have enough testosterone floating around in our bodies to bulk up. Any woman you see with a super muscled body is either an elite athlete or a body builder and they have strict nutritional and training guidelines to get them there.

Using your body weight is not going to bulk you up. Combined with cardio and healthy eating it will turn you into one lean sexy lady.

22. Christina Marie says:

How many calories do your workouts burn? The workouts on the beginner’s calendar for example.. :)

23. Could you do a video about how to get a waistline?

24. Zoooeeeee says:

Workout was good, I was expecting it to be longer though. My personal trainer & I did it with ease. We both loved the sumo squats great for your butt too (;
    Thanks xx

25. Caitlin says:

I loved the sumo squats and single leg lifts!

26. Woohoo! Just been a week of following Blogilates and doing a little each day.. First time I didn’t have to skip any reps!!! So excited to feel the results! Plus the baby really loves this one. He still get to climb over mommy and kiss on her! (:

27. switresh says:

[...] admit to typically selecting pins that simply appear as if they’ll fail, though. I saw this one for natural pancakes mistreatment solely a banana and a pair of eggs, and thought it couldn’t presumably work. No [...] http://www.xtgenixkostenlos.com/

28. hey cassey i have the muscle in my things but can you do a video on how to get rid of some of the fat in my thighs, especially the inner thighs. thanks :)

29. Niamh McIntyre says:

I’m 14 too, and the size of my legs makes me feel uncomfortable. I can’t seem to get rid off any fat off my body. I don’t know how I should diet, but I just want a body I’m comfortable in, and a thigh gap as my thighs rubbing together is horrid. What can I do aswell as this to lose weight, because I am capable of getting a thigh gap, my hips are massive!

• Kellie :) says:

Hey girl! Just a fellow 14 year old girl here as well! :) the first thing I would suggest is eating healthy! I know this may sound obvious but trust me it works! Replace a lunch soda with a healthy smoothie! My favorite is strawberries bananas and frozen yogurt! Also, at night when you may be craving chocolate or ice cream. Just tell yourself, am I going to regret eating this in the morning? That usually does the trick for me. Also, so get rid of inner thigh fat (I still have to get rid of some myself) cardio along with these excercises are essential. Cardio will also allow you to get in shape and help your metabolism! Allowing you to be able to eat more food and burn calories better! Don’t forget to also do ab workouts and riding your bike! This will also help your knees!( and I have crappy knees!) I wish you the best of luck!!!

• wow were all 3 14year old girls its good to know there are other girls like me!!

30. Ok… this work out ROCKS!

31. Rosalia says:

hey i have been doing this for 4 days now, two times a day. will i have a noticible change within 2 weeks? I’m leaving for my vacation then and i really want slimmer legs. I started off with a VERY small gap and i want to have a bigger gap. is 2 times a day enough or do i need to do it more?

• i noticed a larger gap within a week or so, but i was doing 3 workouts a day, for about an hour to 2 hours a day.
      i would recommend the call me maybe squats. helped me get stronger legs, and melted the fat

good luck

32. Jay ♡ says:

I had wide hips. I know I’m capable to achieving a thigh gap. I don’t want one for vanity. I want one because I don’t feel comfortable when my thighs rub against each other when I walk. I also want to feel confident in a body I love! Thank you Cassey for inspiring me and motivating me to never give up on my dreams! ♡

33. I absolutely love this work out!

34. My favorite was the inner thigh lift! I really felt it on that one. So glad I FINALLY found a workout that will hopefully help me get that gap! Thanks :))

35. Rhianna says:

Hey Cassey! Im 13 and I have wanted a thigh gap for a long time now, my legs aren’t fat or thin. I have a few questions please can someone HELP?!
    How often do you have to do this workout to see results?
    How long does it take to see these results?
    Has this workout worked for anyone else?

Thanks,<3

36. Emily Dirksmeier says:

HI, I’m thirteen and I have legs that aren’t fat but aren’t thin either. Overall they’re just really muscley i guess… :/ Since I’m still growin and developing do you think there’s still a chance that I could get a thigh gap? I am presently recovering from anorexia and had to put on a lot of weight really fast. Do you think my body could still be adjusting? Or will I be forever stuck with thighs that touch? I really like this video and do it almost everyday, but I’m not seeing much results. Help!

• Hi! I too gained a lot of weight after my ED recovery. I went from 112to 165 in ONE month! That was 9 years ago. And yes my thigh gap went away bc of that. I have started eating healthier the last year & walking a lot as well as doing some squats. I know have a thigh gap! It’s small, really small. But it’s there & I couldn’t be happier. It’s given me the motivation to kee going & step it up a notch. If your thighs are like mine & the reason there’s not a thigh gap is because of fat, then yes. You can get rid of fat & tone up. Best wishes & congrats on getting control on your ED! I’m on Facebook as Syd Rogers if you’d like to add me for support as one with an ED tends to have unique needs in a support buddy. :)

• Emily Dirksmeier says:

Thanks soo much! This really helps a lot! I mean I am still struggling with ED and I haven’t exactly gotten to a maintenance weight yet, but I already hate how my body looks- specifically my legs…. I’m allowed to do sports again so hopefully with time my legs will firm up again and I will loose all the fat that I have on them now. Thanks again!

• Sorry but I always thought ED stood for Erectile Dysfunction. Then I saw Emily’s name and though she was having a joke because her initials are ED. Then I realized it meant Eating Disorder. Unfortunate that for men with an ED people might think he means ED :(

37. Hi, love the video. One question, has this worked for anyone?

38. Polska Blondynka says:

This whole rave about the thigh gap is puzzling. People need to realize that not everyone is built the same way. You can be skinny with no thigh gap. You can’t spot reduce. You can tone the area and make it look more tight. Women who have wider hips tend to have thigh gaps. Women who don’t, don’t. Don’t push your body into unrealistic results.

• I think it might be the opposite; gals with wide hips have a more “worse” lower body. I can vouch for that. Even when I was stick straight doing ballet 10+ years ago. :/

• I’m agreeing with Karen here. As a girl with widers hips, especially in proportion to my waist, I noticed that I keep all of my weight in my lower body. As in my butt is big, my thighs nearly touch (barely there thigh gap that I want to be bigger), and overall, big legs. My upper body, on the other hand, is quite slim. I have a tiny waist, no boobs (LOL), and little fat on my torso aside from some tummy fat on the stomach T^T. Which seems to be the norm even for really fit women, so oh well.
        I think it’s a double-edged sword really.
        Women with naturally slim hips/legs have a harder time getting a thigh gap because of their bone structure. Women with wider hips tend to have larger legs, and thus have a harder time getting a thigh gap because of body type.

39. Claire banks says:

Hi I’m just asking can I still get a big thigh gap if I have heaps of muscle ? Because I do netball and at trainings we do a lot of muscle work with out thighs and stuff and I really want a thigh gap but I really don’t want to waste my time if I can’t ? Please help

• Well if you already train for real and have tone muscles in your thighs you´re probably won´t have a gap in you natural built, that´s completly fine. I´m sure you look good the way you are!

40. Florence says:

I already have a thigh gap but I want a bigger one, how long should I do this before I see change? I eat very clean too. Thanks! x

41. I really want that inner thigh gap. Please visit my website to help me with my goal. <3

42. Oh wow this is a good workout, i can already feel it in my thighs! amazing!

43. this workout is amazing, im noticing a change within days!

44. how long does it take to get a thigh gap?

45. is this work out goin to make fat ppl’s legs leaner and/or lean girls help have that happy gap they want??

46. Mikayla Mckinney says:

Hi im 17 and have this really annoying lower gut that just won’t go away no matter what i do so i was wondering if you had any workouts that could help my stubborn tummy go away?? pretty please ive been getting teased about it for quite a while.

47. Hi Cassey!! I just LOVE your “Call Me Maybe” squat challenge video :) I am going to try the 14 day work out! Hope this works!

1. [...] lot of what is posted on these sites would likely never be published in print and broadcast, and are often written by people who are not experts, passing off their [...]

2. [...] lot of what is posted on these sites would likely never be published in print and broadcast, and are often written by people who are not experts, passing off their [...]

3. [...] ‘How to get an inner thigh gap’ Wow this workout is good, to be fair I struggled a bit. I really love blogilates, it’s fun while also a good workout. [...]

4. [...] be spending more time on this website (why didn’t I do it sooner??) – from posts about how do I get an inner thigh gap to finding inspiration & motivation – this is a useful tool. This girl is even so open as to [...]