Last night I did a quickie trip to Trader Joes and bought some new protein powder. After the Vegan Challenge, I decided to stick to non dairy powders. I tried some brown rice versions recently and last night bought the Vanilla soy powder. I like how it tastes more bready than proteiny if you know what I mean. It makes the pancakes easier to use as “sandwich bread” if I ever wanted them savory!
So here is a new protein pancake recipe that I am loving! Try it out! It is not sweet though, so you’ll want to add some type of topping.
- 1 scoop vanilla flavoured soy protein powder from trader joes
- 1/4 cup egg whites
- 1 tbs psyllium husk (get at trader joes)
- 1 tbs ground flax seed
- about 1/4 cup or a little more of unsweetened almond milk
- Mix all together and grease pan lightly with coconut oil. EVOO is ok too.
- Make pancakes as you would regular ones! Flip after about 30 sec on medium to low heat!
- For syrup I just microwaved some regular strawberry jam with a bit of water and drizzled! You could also use agave nectar, peanut butter, or just top with fruit!
NUTRITION FACTS for the total recipe or 1 serving without topping: 151 cals, 5g fat, 10g carbs, 20g protein.
BTW, I can totes down 2 servings of this no problemo. SO GOOD! Addicted!!!!
Train hard today guys! Summer is here! Please kick it up a notch. You create your own destinies and you can make all of your dreams come true. Just be focused, be driven, and want it BADLY.