So one of the most EXCITING recipes on the Vegan Challenge Meal Plan is the Eggplant bacon Caesar Salad. I’ve been dying to make this ever since I picked up this book Appetite for Reduction – 125 Recipes fast and filling lowfat vegan recipes.
This was so quick and easy to make! And super tasty too! Check it out:
For Eggplant bacon (4 servings):
– 1/2 lb eggplant
– 2 TBS soy sauce
– 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Cut eggplant into 1/8″ thick slices.
3. Spray parchment sheet with PAM and then lay the eggplant pieces on.
4. Bake for 8 minutes!
5. Then flip and bake for another 3 min. They should be browning.
6. Then remove the tray and let cool while changing the temp to 350F.
7. Take the eggplant pieces and dip them in the liquid smoke and soy sauce mixture. Then lay them back on the tray and bake for another 3 min! DONE!!!!
Per serving: 100 cals, 5g fat, 12g carbs, 5g fiber, 4g protein.
– 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
Caesar Salad Dressing:
– 2 TBS chopped shallot
– 2 TBS cashew pieces
– 1 TBS tahini
– 1 TBS miso
– 1/2 cup water
– 2 TBS lemon juice
– 1 tsp dijon mustard
– 1/8 tsp salt
1. Blend it up until smooth! Done!!!
Per serving (about 3 TBS): 60 cals, 4.5g fat, 5g carbs, 2g protein.