As you know, I have an obsession with eating vegan when I’m eating out. Raw vegan? Even better! I feel like this makes dining out THAT MUCH MORE special, simply because it is something that I am so amateur at! To me, eating raw vegan is like eating a delicacy!
The other day I tweeted that if anyone was a raw vegan chef that they could be my automatic friend. Well, Kortney from SproutsUpNutrition stepped up to the plate! I asked her what her most popular and delish recipe was and she gave me her raw vegan pumpkin cheesecake.
OMG. I LOVE CHEESECAKE. DYING.
There is a bit of a twist though…there’s actually no pumpkin in this recipe, but rather carrots! And pumpkin spice.
So here it is guys…Kortney’s Raw Vegan Cheesecake Recipe!
- 1 cup of raw cashew butter
- 3 cups of carrots
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 5 dates
- 1 tbsp of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup of raw agave nectar or maple syrup (not raw)
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/4 cup of raw pumpkin seeds
- 3 1/2 tbsp raw agave nectar
- 1 1/4 cups of raw pecans
- 2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Make the crust first by blending the pecans in a food processor until they are a fine powder.
- Add remaining crust ingredients into the food processor and blend till it gets crumbly.
- Press the crust into a cheesecake pan. I used a 6″ pan for this recipe.
- Place pan into the freezer while you mix the filling.
- For the filling, puree your carrots in a food processor first.
- Once you have a nice puree you can add the remaining filling ingredients (except pumpkin seeds) and mix until you have a creamy smooth consistency.
- Pour your mix into the pan onto of your crust. Using a spatula, spread the mix out so it is nice and even.
- Sprinkle raw pumpkin seeds on top of your cake and set into the freezer for about 6 hours.
Check out the SproutsUpNutrition blog where Kortney originally shared her recipe here: http://sproutsupnutrition.wordpress.com/2011/10/10/raw-pumpkin-cheesecake/
Have a fab Friday!!! The new Blogilates booty shorts, yoga pants, and peek-a-boo tops will be ready for you next week! Woot woot! I ended up getting ShopBlogilates.com for the store name, but thanks to YOU GUYS I also bought Shopilates.com. Haha. Thanks for all of your help as always. I can’t way to show you the goods!!!!!