I must share with you what I had this morning!
I’m a girl who loves cooking, but only when it includes very few ingredients and not so many steps. So today I fooled around in the kitchen with some of my staple ingredients and ended up with something that was a mix between a pancake and an omelet.
I call it the Sweet Protein Pancake Omelet.
Oh yeah. I’m so good at naming things. Pshhhhhhhhhh!!!!
Its just a wee more eggy than a normal protein pancake so that’s why I’m calling it an omelet. I wanted something semi sweet this morning but not as “bready”. It ended up being really quite delish!!!
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 TBS psyllium husk
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup of water (you could use almond milk if you wanted to add some creaminess)
- Whisk together until all chunks go away (if there’s some left that’s ok)
- Lightly spray medium heated pan with PAM cooking spray
- The batter will be more liquidy than usual, but don’t worry, pour it on
- Flip after about a min or so
It was really good!!!! I had it twice today! I don’t know whether to think of it more as a pancake or an omelet but my taste buds were satisfied.
Whole recipe: 130 cals, 24g protein, 5g carbs, 1g fat
Oh us health freaks will try anything right!? Haha give it a shot and lemme know what you think!!!!