So today I was feeling pretty sweet toothy. Usually to satisfy my cravings, I go on a hunt for some cool, healthy recipes online. It’s so much fun. It’s kinda like window shopping. And you get to indulge in all this food porn! Bad part is you get REALLY REALLY hungry!!!
Here is a very Blogilates-worthy recipe for those of us who love frozen yogurt or gelato. I am a HUGE fan of frozen treats, so when I found this, I almost died! At one point in my life, I as quite addicted to Pinkberry, Red Mango, Yogurtland…and honestly, this rivals it. And it is WAY healthier. Big time win.
RECIPE from A Bird In the Kitchen:
Greek Yogurt Gelato (Yields 8 four ounce servings)
– 32 oz. non-fat Greek yoghurt/drained plain non-fat yogurt
– 1/4 cup sugar/Stevia or honey
Whisk the sugar or honey into the yogurt. Freeze according to the directions of your ice cream maker.
1/2 cup or 4 oz = 1 serving
Sweetened with sugar: 78 calories, 15 g carbohydrates, 0 g fat, 5 g protein
Sweetened with honey: 85 calories, 18 g carbohydrates, 0 g fat, 5 g protein
Or try this Ice Cream variation from Weelicious:
Yogurt, Honey & Cinnamon Ice Cream (Makes 4-6 Servings)
– 16oz Greek Yogurt
– 1/4 Cup Honey
– 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
1. Place all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine.
2. Pour the yogurt mixture into an ice cream maker and chill according to manufacturers directions. (If you don’t own an ice cream maker, no worries, this mixture can be poured into popsicle molds and frozen for 6 hours or longer)
3. Place the mixture in the freezer to firm up, about 1-2 hours.
I CANNOT wait to try these recipes!!!! Let me know if you end up making them before I do. And share the pics and results with me on facebook.
So who else out there is a gelato junkie!!??