I kid you not when I say this is THE BEST cheesecake I’ve ever made without cream cheese or even fake tofu cream cheese. If there are suckers for cheesecake out there (me!) you will fall in love with this recipe. It is seriously so good, and so good for you too! This recipe was adapted from my friend Anna’s Protein Pow Blog where she creates some of the most interesting and delicious treats made from all sorts of protein powders. I made some changes from the original recipe, but they still came out FANTASTIC!
INGREDIENTS (makes 1 dozen cheesecakes, if baked in a cupcake pan)
– 1 cup of nonfat plain Greek yogurt
– 2 tbsp of nonfat or 1-2% fat cottage cheese (I used 2%)
– 1 tbsp of whole wheat flour (orig. recipe called for coconut flour, but I didn’t have any)
– 1 whole medium lemon
– 2 fresh organic eggs
– 1/4 cup of vanilla whey
– 1/4 cup Stevia
– 1/2 cup berries
– 1/2 cup of walnuts
– 6-7 pitted medjool dates
1. Make the crust: blend the nuts and dates together in a food processor. It should turn into a crumbly gravel. If you don’t habe walnuts, you may experiment with other nuts, but I cannot assure you that they will stick together as well as walnuts do! The stickiness from the dates should hold the bits together.
2. Scoop about a tablespoon of the crumbly mixture into the bottom of the cupcake pan. This will be your cheesecake crust. You can spray the cupcake pan with PAM beforehand, but i found later that it didn’t stick very much anyway. So this step is unnecessary if you have a new slick pan.
3. Using your fingers, press the crumbles down so that it becomes a dense layer, almost like the graham cracker layer of a real cheesecake! (I learned this from eating raw vegan cheesecakes.) If the crunbles keep sticking to your hand, try spraying your finger tips with PAM. Or spray the bottom of a rounded spoon and press with that.
4. Next, make the liquid cheesecake mixture: pour everything into a blender and give it a whirl for about 15-20 seconds or until smooth. You may taste test this to see if it tastes ok.
5. Pour the mixture on top of the crust about 3/4 of the way full.
6. Throw a tiny handful of berries (I used blueberries) into each tin. This is about 6-7 berries.
7. Bake at 325F for about 20 minutes and until tops are no longer liquidy.
8. Take out, eat, and enjoy! I promise you will love this. I just had the urge to make mini cheesecakes today and this is the exact recipe and ingredients I used.
|Without Crust||With Crust|
WOWWWWWWW!!!! Under 60 cals without the crust!? Amazing!!! Perfect dessert if you’re trying to eat clean with a sweet tooth. Like me :P You can store the extras in the fridge. Just make sure to cover them to keep moist.
Hope you enjoyed my cooking fiasco this weekend!
Oh..WAIT!!!!! PS! Last night I rode a mechanical bull for the first time in my life!!!! At first I was like haha, look at those crazies! Then I was like, hmm, ok I have this one life and I wanna know what it feels like to ride a mechanical bull. So then my girlfriends and I got on and held on for our dear lives!!!
I was SOOOOO scared. My heart was beating so fast as I was waiting my turn. I was terrified of flying off and hitting something.
But it was SUCHHHHH an adrenaline rush. And great workout for your thighs and core! You just gotta SQUEEZE SQUEEZE SQUEEZE!!!
Here is a snapshot of me about to fall off, but thanks to grip strength due to weight lifting, I was able to hold on and lift myself back up for round 2!
Quickly after that though, the mechanical bull operator guy went nuts on the twirler thingy and I fell bam on the floor. Hahaha. Ahh, it was so fun doing something I never thought I’d get myself to do!
So POPsters! Which one of you have done something you were terrified to do but went ahead and did it anyway? And…I have footage of this whole thing…do you wanna see it!!??