Lean Out Mini Meal Plan

Inspired by my readings about clean eating in books, blogs, and magazines, I decided to share with you a mini diet plan that will help you lose fat. This is a pretty strict plan but if it’s just 7 days, I am sure you will be fine! Consult with your doctor if you’re not sure if this is okay for you.

Meal 1 Meal 2 Meal 3 Meal 4 Meal 5 Meal 6
1 cup egg whites 4 oz lean protein(chicken breast, white fish, tofu) 4 oz lean protein 1 scoop protein powder + water 4 oz lean protein 1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup oats 1 cup steamed or fresh veggies med sweet potato 1 med fruit 1 cup steamed or fresh veggies 1 TBS sugar free jam
1/2 banana *meat must be grilled, steamed, or boiled 2 TBS salsa *this meal is optional!

Drink at least 2 L of water each day for 7 days and you will notice a change in just a week. You’ll be tighter and there will be more muscle definition. But you MUST FOLLOW this plan. No snacking allowed. Avoid salty foods, high sugar condiments, and workout 5-6x that week for maximal results. 1 hr POP Pilates, POP Cardio, or POP HIITS/PLYOs will do it.

Have fun! Don’t wait til Monday. START TODAY. Who’s in?

Comments

1. Lovella Jose says:

Is there any substitute for protein powder?

2. kristina says:

i dont get it you have to eat all 6 meals in 1 day or you have to eat 3 every day please help :\

3. is there any substitute for salsa all together I’m jut not a fan of it. Looking for alternatives but will eat it if there is nothing else

4. hi I just want to know I’m drinking green tea every morning and night. will this effect the meal plan I’m about to take or it won’t have any problem ?

• Hi! I’m pretty sure it’s completely fine and will even help aid in fat loss, since green tea is known to help with digestion and metabolism :) But be sure to drink plenty of water since caffeine might dehydrate you a little, and maybe drink your second glass at lunch since the caffeine might keep you from getting the best night’s sleep possible :)

5. Sabrina says:

Is this a good idea to do if I’m type 1 diabetic?

6. I really want to eat healthier but i don’t eat lots of the foods listed and don’t have access to others so are there any good substitutions because i don’t eat banana, chicken breast, white wish or cottage cheese and i don’t have access to protein powder or tofu. Any help is most appreciated. :)

• Sabrina says:

What do you like to eat? There are substitutes galore for all protein options such as beans, eggs, and other fish. There are also so many different fruits you can choose. You may not get the same results but you’re still picking healthier options.

7. Hey, if I can’t get protein powder, with what can I replace it? THANKS <3

8. I work at a preschool and there’s no way I can sneak out at 10 or 11 to prepare a meal of protein and veggies. Is it ok to switch meal 2 and meal 4 (which I can easily manage in a five minute break)? I know the carbs in meal 4 are kind of essential before a workout, though, so I’m worried about that…

9. Angelica says:

what kind of protein powder should i use? can i substitute it?

10. Any seasoning allow for the chicken breast?

11. Chelsea says:

I don’t like cottage cheese, could I substitute greek yogurt instead? If not what could I eat in place of the cottage cheese?

12. Can i replace protein powder? and Oats?

13. 1 cup of egg whites?! That seems like a lot. 2 egg whites is 1/4 cup, that’s 8 egg whites!

14. Delanie says:

How many hours in between each of these meals? I can’t figure out how to spread them out.

thanks!

• As in most of Cassie’s meal plans, you should eat every 2-3 hours. At first, I had trouble with that, but you get the hang of it pretty fast.

15. sweetypei09 says:

Hi there! I have just signed up for the workout calendar plan and I get to check the meal plan. It excites me to a new Me soon. Though this is the first time, i can feel you surely make me more motivated to reach my goal to fitness. Good thing I also just started going to the gym and do cardio and having you I will be guided. Thank you. I look forward to more of your blogs. Will keep posted.

16. Hi! I want to know, can I still drink greentea or coffee when doing this meal plan?

17. Hey! I’m gluten free and, therefore, I can’t eat oats. Do you know what I can replace them with?

18. Any suggestions? says:

Hi – was hoping someone had a suggestion for replacing the sweet potato – what other healthy carb options could I use that have the same calorie value?
    How much Quinoa for example?
    or how much brown rice is a healthy portion size ?

Thanks for anyone’s help.
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

19. Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, I just wanted to clarify something: meal one is literally just one meal that day, or is that supposed to be the meal for the whole day? if someone can clarify the format for me, that will be very helpful! Thank you!

20. and if i don’t want to use protein powder, what, could I do instead?

21. for seven days I’m supposed to eat this everyday?

22. bubblebooty says:

Hey everyone! I’ve been reading the comments and seeing all the wonderful results and help, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for the salsa? i don’t necessarily want to substitute it, i just want to know if it can be more like a fruity salsa or if you have tried a substitution what was it? it’s not exactly my favorite thing to eat, but, like, i’ll eat it if i have to lmao

23. Could you please verify something for me? I just found your workouts on youtube and ventured over to your page to discover the awesome workout calendar. My question is am I a supposed to do all of the workouts listed for that day? Todays for example seems like all full body?

Thank you!
    Stacie

• Victoria says:

Yes, you do all the videos listed. You’ll feel so accomplished when you get to check them off the calendar!

24. Anne Walsh says:

How many calories does this add up to?
    Are we restricted from tea and coffee?

25. For those asking if this diet works, it really does. I started it about 2-3 weeks ago and have definitely noticed a change in my body. My waist is much slimmer and so is everything else. I know this diet was meant for 1 week, but as a new working professional it’s been difficult trying to prepare healthy meals after a tiring work day. My eating habits were so awful I was basically subsisting on snacks. I loved how the meal plan got my eating back on track so that I’m consuming several small healthy meals throughout the day. My water intake has increased as well. It’s not so hard consuming 2L of water anymore (roughly 4 16oz bottles of water). I’ve noticed a change in my digestion, my energy levels, and my over all mood because I’m not constantly crashing from a sugar rush. After the first week I did tweak the meal plan so that I didn’t get so bored. I still do the oatmeal in the morning, but without the egg whites (I just couldn’t do it anymore lol). Instead I do overnight oats with some vanilla greek yogurt, unsweetened almond milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract, a bit of honey, and a whole banana. I still eat 4oz of protein and 1 cup of veggies and substituted the post workout protein powder with cottage cheese and some fruit like strawberries. On the weekends I do whatever I want within moderation, but I don’t eat nearly as much. I’m going to continue and work on toning. I didn’t really have a lot of weight to lose, so now that I’m where I want to be I’m going to do more cardio and strength to build muscle definition.

26. julieeee says:

what kind of salsa ??

27. Wait, so eat this every single day? the same food???

28. Sub for cottage cheese >.< ?

29. How is Meal 1 cooked or kept together? Are we supposed to put it in a mug and microwave it or something? Also, everything seems so flavorless, I don’t know if I could choke that down for five meals…is there any seasoning or condiment we can put on it to add some flavor?

• try seasoning it with mrs. dash! its a lifesaver – and you can always use hot sauce.

• For meal 1 I took it as scrambled egg whites ( I added fresh basil and a small pinch of salt). Oatmeal cooked with water and half a banana on top. You could also make “cookies” like Cassie did in one of her Clean Cheap Eats. To season the other meals I used whatever fresh herbs or veggies I had around, onions, chives, cilantro, oregano, basil, etc. There’s no reason the meal plan posted above should be “flavorless”, use your imagination.

• I don’t know if you can do with that measurements.. but I recall there being the banana pancakes. I added oats to that before. 1 cup of egg whites sounds like too much.

30. I don’t like bananas or egg whites, what are good substitutions? I like any other fruit/ protein source, except shellfish, tuna, and salmon.

• That’s tricky because both bananas and eggs are natural binders in cooking/baking. Another thing you could try is organic applesauce. It won’t work as well as bananas and egg whites but try them all out to see what you prefer! You might barely be able to taste it

• I am with you on the banana and egg whites. I think scrambled tofu might work. I use tofu for scrambles. It takes on flavor so well.

31. Hi Guys,

I’m new to eating so many meals in a day. How do you all recommend spreading out the meals? Are there certain meals to eat after a workout/ before bed etc.?

Thanks in advance!!

• Even if all of the food you eat is healthy, over eating can be just as bad as junk food! The two main reasons you’re over eating are eating because you’re bored or the foods you are not eating aren’t filling you up. If the meals you eat are not keeping you full enough, increase your protein intake. Protein takes longer to digest and will leave you feeling fuller longer. The harder issue to solve is eating even if you are full. This is a mental fight you must have and you must be the one to solve it. A tip on defeating it is trying to keep yourself busy. Goodluck!

32. I am starting this diet today along with the 30 day butt and ab challenges and cardio at the gym. I don’t have much time to eat when I have school (Monday thru Wendesday) so I am switching meals 3 and 4. I’m hoping the switch won’t mess with my energy or make me hungry. I’ll give my end results when I’m done. Hope everyone got good results. Good luck!

• How did that work out for you? I am also a student and would like know if switching the meals was still as effective!

33. Hi. Does anyone know what could be a substitute for cottage cheese? Thanks!

34. Has anyone had any good results from this??

35. Hi! A few questions, possibly somebody here could help me with ☺

I am a nursing mother, so I need to make sure I am getting enough nutrients for both my baby and me hiw would I go about doing so in this meal plan add more or add carbs in (I need about 500 cals for her)?

Also I work out at night after outting the kids to bed (the only time I have available) i usually make a pea protein shake with frozen strawberries blueberries and half banana is this a big no no? Fruit at night but right after working out, but right before bed?

36. Thanks , I have just been looking for information about
    this topic for a while and yours is the best I have discovered till
    now. However, what about the conclusion? Are you positive about the supply?

37. Hi,
    I am new to this site and look forward to trying out her workout videos and diet recommendations. I do have question regarding this mini diet plan. Do you eat all this food in one day? I know this sounds like a silly question but I wanted to clarify this before committing to it. Also I am not a fan of sugar free products as I have a hard time with sweeteners so what can I use in place of the sugar free jam?

38. Im a little late finding this post but im trying it this week. Im glad theres only 1 bannana in this diet though (im not a fan of bananas and find that their everywhere). Thanks for the meal plan! <3

39. Chloe Taylor says:

Any substitute for oatmeal?

40. this is exactly the type of diet i was looking for. im sick of being the “fat friend” and i want to be healthier. I didn’t want to start out with a huge diet because i knew that it would be harder for me to stick to right off the bat. thank you for posting this. I am motivated to try this!!!

41. Hi! im new to all this (well sort of) and i really dont want to use protein powder as i dont think it will be good for me as i am a teenager. Is there a substitue or something else with similar nutrients? x

• Hey there! It says in the 90 day challenge you can eat some Greek yogurt or cottage cheese instead! Also remember to eat it within 30 min-1 hour after working out for the best results :) That is when your muscles will need the fast absorbing protein ! I work out in the mornings so i switch Meal 2 and Meal 4! :) Hope this helped

42. Hi! im new to all this and am also in my teens. I do not really want to use protein powder so is there a substitue? plz get back ASAP! x

43. Is there any substitute for egg whites? its just it takes a lot of eggs to make 1 cup of egg and this needs 1 cup a day, 7 cup for a week, that’s really expensive for people on budgets

• I would recommend egg beaters they have only egg whites and sometimes store brands are cheaper too

• Katalin says:

I don’t like eggs whites as they are tasteless and here it is difficult to buy only whites (and they look disgusting – but that’s my personal opinions :) ). So, I’m not throwing away the egg yolks, but as calorie intake 1 cup egg white = 2 whole eggs. I eat whole eggs, that’s what mother nature gives it to us.

44. Hi there! I was wondering if any of you knew of a good substitute for banana (since I am allergic to it). I really want to do Cassey’s meal plans but since they all use a lot of banana I haven’t been able to :(

Thanks for your help! :)

45. Zara Ariana says:

Hi! I was wondering, what is meal 1 actually? do we mix it all up? no, right…? i’m kinda new to all these or do we consume separately? please get back to me ASAP! :) thank you.

• i think it can all be seperate or could be oatmeal with the banana and cook egg whites

• I think it means there are 6 meals a day and you must eat them throughout the whole week. So basically meal consists of everything listed in that column – the egg whites, banana and oats. And so on and so forth.

• She listed the same first meal in the 90 day challenge and these are the notes she added: “Prepare oatmeal w/ water. You can scramble & eat the eggs separately or mix in.”
      What I’d do is prepare the oatmeal and add the banana to it, and then eat the scrambled eggs separatedly.
      Hope I helped!

46. I just have this doubt… can we exercise when we are on periods?

• Absolutely! I’m on mine now and exercise actually helps with cramps and other stuff like that. Just don’t over do it if you feel nauseated. DRINK PLENTY OF WATER and take ibuprofen when needed

47. I don’t have any protein powder, and I actually don’t want to take any. I feel like I should just it the protein in food. But the main reason is that I don’t know where do buy it, and don’t really want to spend my money in it, since it’s only for 7 days. Any idea what I can replace the protein poweder with then ? ^^

• From another one of Cassey’s plans: “If you don’t have powder, eat 1/2 cup of cottage cheese or plain nonfat greek yogurt after your workout.”

48. Hi,

Is it really necessarily to take proteïns when you do the workouts?
    Really want to know it, before starting with the workouts.

• Hi Lin,

Yes, proteïns are a very important part of your diet! Especially since there are no carbs in it. You not only need it for the energy to keep doing your workouts, but also to build up muscle! Without it, you will break down your muscles along with your fat. And you need those to keep going.

Good luck!

• Just a girl says:

Of course it is, muscles need protein to maintain and to grow beautiful, lean muscle aka toning.

• Thanks for the relpy’s.
        Sorry for my late response.
        Can you tell which vegetables, fruits or productss have the most proteins?
        And how much should you take?
        It doesnt mean that you should only eat proteins, right?

49. Joan Quiceno says:

Hello Cassey!

I know this may sound like a dumb question lol but what would the recommended time to workout be? I don’t think in the morning because you said you need food to fuel your body and burn and make muscle, so when do you recommend the workout be done?

Another question I have is if you can make a list of substitutions for your meal plans because I’ve looked at them and they all seem to be the same thing. Can you include lists of substitutions?

I also wanted to thank you for providing all these videos and advice. They are really motivational! All I can think about throughout the day is working out lol

Thanks Cassey!

• Just a girl says:

The most important thing is that you do workout, no matter what time of the day.

What do you mean substitutions, there are many many different vegetables and many different protein sources so just mix and match and search for recipes if necessary.

1. […] Drink at least 2 L of water each day for 7 days and you will notice a change in just a week. You’ll be tighter and there will be more muscle definition. But you MUST FOLLOW this plan. No snacking allowed. Avoid salty foods, high sugar condiments, and workout 5-6x that week for maximal results. (Read more at http://www.blogilates.com/blog/2012/03/01/lean-out-mini-meal-plan/#F2ZAjTKZfv5e6z4z.99) […]

2. […] fats like my favorite EVOO, because I’ve been trying to follow the high-protein/very low carb “Lean Out” plan on Blogilates as much as I can, and it doesn’t really indicate the use of fat. Ani reminded me that it was […]

3. […] fun! Don’t wait til Monday. START TODAY. Who’s in? Read more at http://www.blogilates.com/blog/2012/03/01/lean-out-mini-meal-plan/#pvkgAcIeuu9v6qAq.99 Inspired by my readings about clean eating in books, blogs, and magazines, I decided to share with […]

4. […] lined up a pretty good Meal Plan and a 30 Day Challenge (or two) to go along with my favorite running app to maximize my work outs. […]

5. […] Don’t wait til Monday. Do it today. Now tell me…WHO’S INNNNN!?!?!?? (Source: http://www.blogilates.com/diet-2/lean-out-mini-meal-plan) […]