Lean Out Mini Meal Plan

Inspired by my readings about clean eating in books, blogs, and magazines, I decided to share with you a mini diet plan that will help you lose fat. This is a pretty strict plan but if it’s just 7 days, I am sure you will be fine! Consult with your doctor if you’re not sure if this is okay for you.

Meal 1 Meal 2 Meal 3 Meal 4 Meal 5 Meal 6
1 cup egg whites 4 oz lean protein(chicken breast, white fish, tofu) 4 oz lean protein 1 scoop protein powder + water 4 oz lean protein 1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup oats 1 cup steamed or fresh veggies med sweet potato 1 med fruit 1 cup steamed or fresh veggies 1 TBS sugar free jam
1/2 banana *meat must be grilled, steamed, or boiled 2 TBS salsa *this meal is optional!

Drink at least 2 L of water each day for 7 days and you will notice a change in just a week. You’ll be tighter and there will be more muscle definition. But you MUST FOLLOW this plan. No snacking allowed. Avoid salty foods, high sugar condiments, and workout 5-6x that week for maximal results. 1 hr POP Pilates, POP Cardio, or POP HIITS/PLYOs will do it.

Have fun! Don’t wait til Monday. START TODAY. Who’s in?

Comments

1. Charlotte says:

Is it 1/2 cup uncooked or cooked oats? I am using steel cut oats so I don’t know whether I should measure 1/2 cup uncooked oats then cook them, or measure out 1/2 cup pre cooked oats.

2. Lauren Swain says:

Hey is it okay to drink coffee and tea if you do not put any cream or sugar in it?

3. Does it matter if I change the order of the meals?

4. is it possible to replace the protein powder with something else?

5. I really want to try it, but… NO SNAKING?? Really?
    This is going to be a challenge, but I’m IN, I will do it!!

6. Hey Girls! I am 19 years old and want to try this meal plan and stick to the workouts strictly. I would like a partner to do it with me for motivation! If you are interested, Kik me @summerk999.

Thanks <3
    Summer

7. can u sub something for a sweet potato or and the oatmeal?

8. I am only young early teens do I need this many meals a day still

9. is this all for a day of for 3 days like under meal 1 would you eat it all at breakfast or egg 1 day, oats another and banana on day 3?

10. Would it be okay if I left out meal 3? It’s just very difficult for me to actually consume so many meals, even if they are small. What difference would this make to results?

11. Sorry, but what do you mean with SALSA? what kinde of salsa is it?

• Shannon says:

Any salsa is fine! I use Trader Joe’s salsa. It’s just to add some nice kick/flavor :)

• Yeah I was kind of skeptical about the random salsa too but I think on top of chicken it would taste really good!

12. I have just finished my last meal of 7 day plan yesterday, following her workout calendar along with this plan and lost 3.3 pounds in total. I was 126 pounds before. So i am happy with the result :)

13. Hi! I was wondering how you measure 4 oz of meat? Also, are the eggwhites supposed to be out of a carton?

14. nbubbles says:

hi i tried this plan for a week and it works amazingly, i huv lost a lot of fat around my neck and face, also my waist feels smaller. I workout one hour/day , so this meal kinda helped me boost my metabolism.i am planning to continue eating healthy. thanks cassey!! :) :)

15. Elisabeth says:

What were the results some people had doing this?

16. Is there something else I can sub the sweet potato for? I really can’t stomach them

• I’d like to know the answer to this, too! I really can’t stand sweet potatoes. but I’d love to give this plan a shot. I Googled it and many people said regular oats are very similar in nutritional value. Is that an okay replacement for the plan?

• Elisabeth says:

I used butternut squash

17. Do i only eat one meal a day? Or all 6 per day?
    Sorry I’ve only just started!

18. Entered it into sparkpeople and got this:

EAS Chocolate Soy Protein powder, 1 serving ⊗ 180 20 2 20
    Chicken Breast (cooked), no skin, roasted, 4 ounces ⊗ 137 0 3 26
    Steamed Veggies – KooKooRoo (4oz), 4 serving ⊗ 152 32 1 9
    SNACK TOTALS: 526 67 6 55

Daily Feedback CALORIES CARBS FAT PROTEIN
    Totals: 1,543 198 21 152

• It yelled at me for this meal plan having too much protein:
      A high-protein diet can lead to kidney problems, weight gain, constipation, intestinal disorders, and the excretion of calcium from your bones. Like most things in life, too much of a good thing—including protein— can lead to problems.
      Rely on real food. Don’t eat protein bars, powders, or shakes unless you consistently eat too little protein. Your body can only utilize so much protein, so excess goes to waste or turns into body fat.

It also said there is not enough fat or folate:

Fat My Goal – 27-60 Today – 21
      Dietary fat is essential to good health. Your body needs a certain amount of fat to build cells, carry and transport nutrients, and make hormones, for example, so it’s important that you eat the right amount.
      Don’t be afraid of fat. Eating dietary fat doesn’t automatically translate into gaining body fat. Moderation is the key!

Folate, total My Goal – 100-250 Today – 22
      Although it’s important for pregnant women too, folate (folic acid) is an essential nutrient for everyone. A lack of folic acid produces poorly formed blood cells that cannot carry as much oxygen. A deficiency can affect normal cell division and impair growth.
      Go green! Dark green vegetables like spinach, kale, asparagus, collard greens, romaine lettuce and broccoli are good sources of folate.

• Siluena says:

If it’s only for 7 days it’s perfect!
        This can be bad if you used this kind of diet for too long, but for only 7 seven days it’s enough to get some results and too short for side effects~

• Dorothy says:

Im new to the whole diet on a meal plan type thing so i was wondering what does she mean by oats like does she mean oatmeal. Is there a specific brand that has oats i don’t even know at this point

19. Hello!! I have been doing this meal plan but changing it a bit according to my everyday needs. For example, I eat an apple in the morning and then do my workout and then eat the oats, banana and egg whites for breakfast. Is that all right? Also, the sweet potato at night, would that be bad?

20. Hi!

Im thinking about starting this meal plan next week and i was just wondering if i could save the breakfast eggwhites and eat them between meal 1 and 2 instead? Also if i could switch the banana to raspberries and the proteinpowder to quark for the same amount of calories?

Would appreciate an answer, take care :)
    /Sara

21. Anyone know how many calories this is per day?

22. Ariana says:

Liquid egg whites aren’t sold where I live, and I don’t want to waste so many egg yolks – can the egg whites be subbed with Greek yogurt?

23. Caroline says:

Hey I am thinking about doing this for a week… But I don’t understand how you eat the white eggs… Any tips ?

• I think you mix them in to the oats :)

• Dont mix raw egg white with oatmeal! (Unless youre making cookies or something hehe)

• Mix the egg white in with the oats while you’re cooking them. It makes them fluffy and delicious, and eliminate the raw egg issue (because ew)

• hard boil the egg, let it cool, crack it open and discard the yellow yoke and the shell. You are left with egg whites.

OR

crack the egg and use the shell to help you keep the yoke separate, pouring the clear part into a glass or bowl. Discard the shell and yoke. Cook the clear part like scrambled eggs and if you didn’t break the yoke, it will be all white. Enjoy!

• Those days whenever I consume egg whites only, I never discard the yolk. I would freeze them, and use them in making desserts like homemade custard based ice cream, or even some cake recipes that use only yolks or extra yolks, to serve to guests.
        You just need to thaw the yolks prior to using them and they function just like fresh yolks. Waste not!

• Egg yolk are great for moisturizing facials!

24. cristina says:

How long in between meals?

25. Ashley N. says:

How long should I follow this diet? A week? A month? I have a very small frame but I’m trying to build more muscle to gain more weight? Besides this diet do you have any other tips?

26. Krisztina says:

how many egg whites is there in a cup?

• crack your eggs and put the whites in a measuring cup. Repeat until you have 1 cup. It will vary based on the size of the egg so there is no way to count eggs; just measure it.

• Krisztina says:

i know but it seems like a lot of egg whites, sorry but who can eat that many of it ???

• I have to break it up and eat some, then take a break, then eat some more, then break again. By the end of the day I get it all down.

• Actually I think this is meant to be 1 cup liquid egg white you buy in the store…. and meal 1 is eaten as meal 1, not throughout the day..

• True, but would you force yourself to eat all of a meal if it is too much for your stomach? I have to take breaks otherwise I will get sick and lose it all.

27. i know this may sound dumb but I can eat all these meals in one day?

28. Tiffany-Sheree says:

I started your plan on Tuesday and I’m seeing results just right where I wanted! I will even extend the plan until May 10th!! Anyway, I’m a gum chewer. Say about 3-5 pieces a day but it’s not like I have to chew gum, it’s just something to keep my “occupied” while working, if that makes sense. Is it okay to chew gum while on the plan? It would be sugar free gum. Thanks a bunch!!

Tiffany

29. I do not eat any form of grain and I was just wondering if there was something I could substitute the oats with or if I could just cut them out and only have the cup of egg whites and half a banana

30. Okay so i want to start eating clean and start changing my look I just graduated and I think its time I start thinking about myself. My question is if i do this meal can I pair it with the beginners calendar?

31. I’m not really sure what size is considered a ‘medium’ sweet potato. They come in so many different shapes and sizes. Can you give this in grams or ounces so I can weigh it out?

32. what can i eat instead of proteinpowder & can i eat oatmeal porridge or something else for breakfast?

• You can sub protein powder with something low in cal and carbs and high in protein. Good examples are plain 0% greek yogurt (per 100gr only 57 cal and 8 gr of protein), cottage cheese (the stats depend on the brand but it has casein protein which is slowly absorbed by the body and keeps you full for longer), or even eggs (or egg whites), chicken, tuna, white fish etc. Hope it helps.

• it does thank you :) do you know, if you can eat something else for breakfast, like oatmeal porridge with skim milk or other recieps of blogilates (like donut fonut or coconutflour pancakes)?

• You can cook the oats in oatmeal of course. Try using unsweetened almond milk or a little bit of non fat milk mixed with water. I put a lot of cinnamon on mine to improve the taste and add some sweetness. Also, you can mix the banana with the oats and bake them (in small cookie size portions yum yum) and then scramble the egg whites separately. Some times, I put 3-4 egg whites, the banana and the oats in the blender (with some cinnamon) and then put the batter in the oven on a backing sheet (like a big pancake) and bake it for 15 min.. The possibilities are endless with the combination of eggs, banana and oats. Just try avoiding adding extras (like milk). If you have to add extras make sure that it has low fat and low sugars and just add a little bit of it. Best of luck :)

33. can i do the workouts from your calendar?

• Off course! You can either follow the calendar or choose your own videos every day. Whatever you do just challenge your self (don’t make it easy) and do what you can. “The only bad workout is the one you didn’t do :) Good luck!

34. can you do this plan for more than a week?

35. I did this meal plan for the last 7 days. I am not heavy but had gained about 10 pounds in the last 6 months. I have a tendency toward sugar and carb addiction. I stuck to this religiously, worked out daily 30 min cardio, 30 mins beginner Pilates (with Cassie). The results have been remarkable. I was never hungry and my cravings are much reduced. I went from 135 to 127.5. Shocked me. I know that is too much weight to lose in a week but I have never had more energy or felt better. I will moderate this meal plan and continue to use it as a basic guide. Thanks!!

1. […] fats like my favorite EVOO, because I’ve been trying to follow the high-protein/very low carb “Lean Out” plan on Blogilates as much as I can, and it doesn’t really indicate the use of fat. Ani reminded me that it was […]

2. […] fun! Don’t wait til Monday. START TODAY. Who’s in? Read more at http://www.blogilates.com/blog/2012/03/01/lean-out-mini-meal-plan/#pvkgAcIeuu9v6qAq.99 Inspired by my readings about clean eating in books, blogs, and magazines, I decided to share with […]

3. [...] lined up a pretty good Meal Plan and a 30 Day Challenge (or two) to go along with my favorite running app to maximize my work outs. [...]

4. [...] Don’t wait til Monday. Do it today. Now tell me…WHO’S INNNNN!?!?!?? (Source: http://blogilates.com/diet-2/lean-out-mini-meal-plan) [...]