In several hours, I get to see the new samples of the gym bags and yoga bags and I’m dying – JUST WAITING in anticipation! Because sometimes something can look super good on paper and then turn out totes ugly or vice versa. Then tomorrow I leave for the states. I cannot believe it’s been a month. A whole month. I get to teach my regular Tuesday POP Pilates class when I get back. Super duper excited but also gonna miss my living-outta-a-suitcase life a little. Just a little though. Having a routine grounds me. Back to the gym 6 days a week, got a lot of catching up to do!
Anyway…I felt so super special when Sarah of Sarahfit.com tagged me in her “11 Random facts about me” post. I consider myself a fairly new blogger so I’ve never been included in blog circles before. So this made me feel kinda “in-crowd” if you know what I mean! So today’s post will give you some insider info on me – totes random stuff. Should be fun. So to kick it off, here’s a cool random question to get us all warmed up:
1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you’ve tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about “you are tagged if you are reading this”. You legitimately have to tag 11 people.
My Random Facts:
1. The first and last I ate chocolate was in 1st grade. It was a Milky Way Bar. I clearly remember taking a bite and spitting it right back out. My taste buds are oversensitive so I can taste the bitter cacao flavor of chocolate. I don’t even like the smell!
2. I have a fetish for watching people eat things “commercial style.”
3. I can’t kill spiders or anything creepy crawly. I am deathly afraid of them. In college, I’d have to call my friend over from another floor to come and smoosh it. One time in Boston, there was this CRAZY centipede that I was in a staring contest with for 30 minutes. After I finally mustered up enough courage to kill it, it took me another 30 minutes to put it’s body in the trash. In fact, I was so terrified I had to take my contacts out so I couldn’t see it. I couldn’t do it with 20/20 vision.
4. I am a former pageant queen. Miss Teen Chinatown 2003, baby!
5. I can moonwalk.
6. I’ve never been skiing.
7. When I drink, I go blind. So I don’t drink. No, really. And since we’re on the topic, I also can’t drink coffee. It just tastes bad.
8. I always secretly wanted to be a hand model.
9. After I quit my job in Boston, I sold brand name clothes on eBay to help pay for rent until my lease was over.
10. I didn’t start having a serious addiction to peanut butter until April 2011. I probably only ate it once in my life before I discovered carrots and PB last Spring.
11. My ULTIMATE childhood dream was to be a fashion designer. I wanted to design wedding gowns and evening gowns. (I sewed clothes for my Barbies.) Then my dad crushed my dreams and told me I’d be poor and have no friends. So I settled with news anchor until he said yeah right. Well, today I’m a handbag designer and YouTuber. I’d say that’s pretty close!
My Answers to Sarah’s Questions:
1. What High School cafeteria food do you still miss?
Oh man. There was this one burrito my friends and I called “The Pooping Burrito”. Every time you bit into it, the beef and bean mix would squirt out of the other side. It was only $1.50. Filled me up and gave our table a good laugh every time. It never got old.
2. What is your sign and is it a reflection of your personality?
I’m a capricorn. But I don’t really believe in horoscope stuff. They’re fun to fantasize about but I believe you can create your own destiny.
3. Favorite cancelled TV show?
Will & Grace. I’m a super fan. For life.
4. What movie character do you most connect with or reminds you of yourself?
Hmm, that’s a tough one since I don’t watch that many movies. But I really loved Mark Zuckerberg in The Social Network. That movie kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. Ah the intensity of all those business risks and startup ventures!
5. Last cheesey novel that you read?
The last time I read a book for pleasure (not that reading fitness and nutrition books aren’t pleasurable) was over a year ago. I don’t even remember the title. It was about some Chinese American girl dating a guy from an Ivy League school. Then she started a hat business. Yeah, I totally forgot.
6. If you could have one do over in life, what would it be?
Take better care of my relationship with my GBF in college. I wish we never fell apart.
7. Have you even gone vegetarian or vegan? If so, how long did it or has it lasted?
Haha yes!!! I went vegetarian for about 3 months after I moved from Boston to SF. I had to stop because there were times when eating meat was actually the healthier option. I now don’t give myself ultimatums because if I break it, I feel like a complete failure. I eat for health not restrictions.
8. What was your first job?
I was an allocation analyst on my way to becoming a fashion buyer for a huge retail chain. I worked in the activewear department at corporate. How fitting. ‘Cept not because I totally quit after less than a year!
9. Who was your first concert?
10. Favorite holiday?
The ones with the most days off.
11. Most valuable lesson learned from your parents?
That parents aren’t perfect and they are not always right.
11 New Questions for my friends:
1. If you were a fruit or vegetable, which one would you be and why?
2. What’s your fave song to sing when you go Karaoke-ing?
3. If you got $1 million tomorrow what would you do?
4. What’s your favorite feature on a guy/girl/whatever sex you’re attracted to?
5. What is your ultimate “bad food” or “cheat food”?
6. Have you had your heart broken or are you a heart breaker?
7. What superpower do you want to possess?
8. What’s you fave meal of the day?
9. If you could pick your own name, what would it be?
10. Which ice cream best describes your personality?
11. On the plane, when the flight attendant asks you what drink you’d like, what do you pick?
Friends I’m tagging:
Averie of LoveVeggiesandYoga.com
Bex of Bexlife.com
Bianca of MizzFit.com
Davey Wavey of DaveyWaveyFitness.com
Gina of Fitnessista.com
Janice of WEBEBodyMovin.com
Julie of PBFingers.com
Danny J and Aubrie of thesweatybetties.com
…and YOU! If you’d like to play along, post your answers to my questions in the comments below. Would love to learn more about you too :)