Wow, it’s been a long time since I’ve posted on my favvveeee noodles ever. Miracle Noodles! I was inspired to make some healthy Chinese food for lunch today, so this recipe is fresh & piping hot from my wok. Enjoy!
INGREDIENTS (whole recipe = 1 serving):
- 1 pack of Fettucine or Angel Hair Zero Calorie Miracle Noodles
- 1 egg or 3 egg whites – I use liquid egg whites, so stop getting on me for wasting yolk!! :P
- About 7-8 baby carrots, sliced longways
- A small handful of green beans
- Sliced onions & chopped garlic (I forgot these)
- 1 chicken breast, boiled, then chopped
- 1 TBS oyster sauce
- 1 tsp of soy sauce
- pinch of salt & pinch of pepper
- little bit of sesame oil or olive oil to stir-fry
Make sure to rinse your noodles thoroughly. Then pat them dry between 2 paper towels.
You can get Oyster Sauce at your local Asian food mart. But I know they sell it in the international section of Wal-Mart and major grocery stores now! It’s about $2-$3.
Make sure your pan is hot with the thin coating of oil before you toss the goodies in! This way you’ll hear the simmering sounds. My fave. And you get some nice color to the chicken. I add in my sauce after I throw everything in. (Oh yeah, but make your eggs separately first.) You can add salt and pepper til you get the desired taste. But that’s it!
And yes, the noodles are really calorie free. They taste kind of chewy and take on the flavor of whatever you throw on them. So my noodles embraced the oyster and soy sauces. It was so good. Enjoy and yes there is such a thing as healthy Chinese food! I’ll probably be doing more Asian inspired dishes with Lunar New Year coming up around the corner!
I just got an email saying that if you use code “2012” you’ll get 12% off your order. Umm, buy now!!?? Go here. Expires Sunday Jan 8th.
NUTRITION FACTS (with egg whites):
Over 60g of protein! And under 350 cals! NICE!!!!!