I teach Powerflex on Fridays and thought I’d share the routine I tortured my students with yesterday. In this workout you will need a set of heavy, medium, and light dumbbells and a step. Heavy is 8-12 lbs. Medium is 4-8 lbs. Light is anything under 4lbs.
1 min: feet together, hop side to side
1 min: high knees with hands behind your head
1 min: mud runs
1 min: plie squats
1 min: plie squats with heels up!
1. regular bicep curls, 3 sets of 15 (med) – right leg back on step, lunge and hold as you do your curls. only rest between sets.
2. bicep curls with arms slightly turned out from your body, 3 sets of 15 (med) – left leg back on step, lunge and hold as you do your curls. only rest between sets.
3. hammer curls, 3 sets of 15 (med) – stand feet hip width apart
4. tricep dips 1 set of 20 – legs outstretched
5. tricep kickbacks while in slow skiing or chair position, 3 sets of 15 (light)
CARDIO: 1 min mountain climbers!
1. lie on step, chest flyes, 3 sets of 15 (heavy)
2. lie on step, chest presses, 3 sets of 15 (heavy)
CARDIO: Get in plank, hope feet out to hip width apart, then hop in till feet are touching, then bend knees and hop up til heels touch your butt! that’s 3 moves – out, in, hop. go for 1 min.
1. left leg back on step, shoulder press up as you lunge down, 2 sets of 10 (med)
2. light leg back on step, shoulder press up as you lunge down, 2 sets of 10 (med)
3. fet hip width apart, on floor, shoulder press pulses x20! kill it!!!
CARDIO: 10 pushup burpees
1. Rear deltoid flyes, 3 sets of 20 (light) – make sure you stay low, chest forward, you’re sitting back, glutes engaged, eyes forward
CARDIO: Hold one of your heavy weights in front of your (like photo above) and come into a plie. Squat up and down as fast as you can for 1 min!!! this is crazy. DO NOT SLOW DOWN.
End with 10 min abs of your choice.
HAVE FUN…..I was sweating. This was good!!!