Here’s a quick, effective, barbell/dumbbell free upper body routine for you…so that you don’t have to wear this contraption:
1. Golf Ball Arm Circles 50x forward & 50x backward- SHOULDERS
>>palms up, hold your “golf balls”, elbows slightly bent, flex your biceps, and vigorously circle forward 50x, then go backwards 50x. No stopping!
2. Volley Ball Arm Circles -50x forward & 50x backward – SHOULDERS
>>palms up, hold your “volley balls”, elbows slightly bent, flex your biceps, and vigorously circle forward 50x, then go backwards 50x. No stopping!
3. Half Corba Pushups to an entire song! (seriously) – TRICEPS
>>lie down on belly, long body. hands underneath your shoulders, elbows touching ribcage. with elbows facing back, lift chest off mat and go as high as you can without removing your elbows from your ribcage. then return to bottom. example here.
4. Pilates Swimming 1 min x 4 rounds – LOWER BACK
>>opposite arms and legs flutter as you lay on belly. go as fast as you can for 1 min! repeat this 4x!
5. Elbow pushups or Down Down Up Ups x 20 each side – TOTAL UPPER BODY
>>start in plank on knees or toes, your hands are planted. then R elbow down, L elbow down, then R hand plants and L hand plants, giving you a nice down down up up motion! keep your spine long an straight! do 20 beginning with R arm. break. then 20 beginning with L arm. Watch video below around 6:00 min.
6. Tricep Dips x 20, 3 rounds – TRICEPS
>>you can do these with your legs extended or knees bent and in.
7. Amazing Chest Lifts x 20…5 rounds! – CHEST/BICEPS
>>begin watching around 8:40 min for example. this one’s a killa!
8. Good ole fashioned pushups x 20…2 rounds – EVERYTHING
>>end with a bang! if you normally do these on your knees, go on your toes. if you normally do them on your toes, elevates on a chair, stairs, or a bench. BAM!!
Happy Tuesday y’alls! <– uh oh, think I was watching too much Paula Deen yesterday on FOOD Network! Also, don’t forget to sign up for the FitActivewear bra, booty short, and $100 giveaway! You only have til Friday, and there will be 3 winners! Yay!