Healthy Pumpkin Banana Muffin Recipe

It’s Fall-themed foods time! So that means it’s pumpkin-mania time!

These muffins were so tremendously dense & moist because of the apple sauce, pureed pumpkin, and yogurt I used. Also, they were not so sweet, so to me they were perfect! I can’t wait to have another tomorrow! It was a success in the kitch today! BTW, only 100 calories each!

Oh and would you look at that! A printable recipe!? Yes. You’re welcome. Printable workouts and printable recipes. Your life is too easy ;P

PS: Lately I’ve been watching way too much Food Network for my own good…Iron chef, Chopped, and Sweet Genius. Love the talented chefs and their art, but goodness, these shows make me SO stressed out! They have me on the edge of my couch the whole time. Do you watch Food Network? Addicted much?

Comments

1. Hi Cassie, can I use a fresh pumpkin and puree it myself. In in the uk abn when couldn’t find pureed pumpkin in good old tescos. Thanks.

2. 126g of sugar is far too much for me

3. OH MY LORD, GUYS!!!
    I made these in the pumpkin bar form (in a pan) and I eat a slice with some of the fitness frosting that is in the cinnamon Bun recipe, not too much though! It gives it a little sweetness because I only used a third of the sugar. Also, I put a good tablespoon or so of cinnamon into the batter. Yum.
    BUT MAN!!! I put a few slices into my protein shake instead od a banana and it was the yummiest portein shake I have ever made! YUM. Email me if you want to know what else I out in, I will try and get mmeasurements when I make another tomorrow, mmmmmm soo good im drinking it now!

4. I really want to make these they look SOOO good! However..what do you mean by 1 can of pumpkin puree? approx. how many cups is that/oz/tablespoons..etc. I cant wait to try these! (oh and what brand do you suggest??)

5. Your recipe indicates “one can” of pumpkin. However, pumpkin is canned in at least 2 different sizes. How much pumpkin did you use? Thanks! :)

6. Alice Juman says:

Made these muffins , they turned out great I added a few dark chocolate chips to the
    recipe

7. I made these but cut the sugar in half and they were soooo good! Next time I make them I’m going to just omit the sugar completely.

8. They sound delicious!! Too bad we don’t have the same apple sauce here in Holland as you in the US. We only have sweetened applesauce :( Or maybe I haven’t looked thoroughly yet.

9. These turned out amazing! I used half the amount of sugar and they still tasted heavenly. Thanks for the awesome recipe!!

10. Kaitlin Bolcar says:

Casey! Quick question! I’m going to make these tonight but what size can of pureed pumpkin do you need? I have a 29 oz is that good?

11. I made pumpkin bars yesterday with pieces of dark chocolate. I like the idea of banana too!

12. YUM! Can’t wait to try these :)

13. Gwgw Sourouni says:

my goodness Cassey!My mom is going to be so gratefull for this.She’s already gratefull though for your back videos cause they help her with her almost 24/7 back pains, but this is going to make her even happier;)and my sweet tooth too XD
    is it ok if i use Splenda instead of sugar?or is cane sugar better?
    and do you have anything to suggest for pouring in the muffin tins except butter?is olive oil ok?just wandering!

14. Sarah Sibilia Boone says:

Cant wait to try these! I use to watch food network all the time and also man vs food but I simply cant watch those shows anymore:( The temptation is to much!!

• Omg Sarah, MVF IS MY FOOD IDOL IN SECRET! hahaha

• nooneytoons says:

you seen how big hes gotten tho from the first season? my friend and i went on a “man vs. food tour” and went to several of the places hes been. oh how i miss life before i cared about being fit. my dream of dreams is to be on food network. i go to all their cooking expos and its basically the only channel i watch. my sisters make fun of me bc a cpl years ago she borrowed my computer and in the google search bar it said “is bobby flay married?” hahahaha

15. Sara Parker says:

On my way to go grocery shopping! Making these the minute I get home!!!!!

Thanks for the Recipe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Mmmmm! I loove Iron Chef! My mouth starts drooling at the end when they’re showing off their foods haha.

17. * how long can I keep them*..sorry

18. OMG!! these look sooooo yummy!!!!!! just wanna eat the pic!!!!one question : how can I keep them in the fridge (fridge is ok right ???) ?

1. […] started Googling and came up with this recipe for Whole Wheat Pumpkin Banana Cupcakes. Yep…that will work for a start. I fully admit that a) I totally winged it from here and b) I […]