Here’s an all natural pasta recipe that’s sure to tantalize your taste buds! I loved that I did not have to use a pre-made sauce or add cream. The avocado is all you need for that succulent fatty taste without the guilt….mmmmm. This is a vegan friendly recipe.
INGREDIENTS (serves 2-3)
– 1 medium avocado
– 1/2 -1 lemon
– 1 cup full of fresh basil leaves
– salt to taste
– pepper to taste
– paprika or red pepper flakes to taste
– 1 red bell pepper, chopped
– 1 cup frozen and shelled edamame
– 1 small onion, chopped
– 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
– little bit of extra virgin olive oil to coat pan
– salt and/or stevia to taste (I did not use a sweetener though. You may if it suits your taste buds)
– 1 pack of zero calorie Miracle Noodles per serving or plate
1. Chop up your veggies. Sautee all of the veggies except for the tomatoes with a bit of extra virgin olive oil on a pan on high heat. Once the veggies look cooked and the onions are slightly opaque, add in the tomatoes at the end. Salt and pepper to taste.
2. To make the sauce, add the avocado, lemon juice, and basil into a food processor. Blend for about 10 seconds. Then add the salt, paprika/red pepper flakes, and pepper to taste.
3. Wash your Miracle Noodles thoroughly in warm water. Then pat try on a paper towel. Right before serving, heat them up in the microwave for about 45 seconds to 1 min.
4. Scoop some of your cream sauce onto the heated Miracle Noodles and stir until noodles are all green! They really absorb the flavors of the sauce. Mmmm…
5. Next transfer the green noodles onto a clean plate and top with your sauteed veggies.
This is absolutely DIVINE for me. It’s one of those dishes where you need to take time to think about eat bite to truly savor the freshness of the basil, the aroma of the onions, and the slight spiciness of the paprika. Of course this is all made “to taste” to experiment 1/4 tsp of things here and there to make it yours. The above recipe is how I ate it and I absolutely loved it!
This is me being surprised at how amazingly good it was!!!
You can get Miracle Noodles here on their website. As you all know, I am a HUGE FAN of feeling full without feeling the unnecessary calories. The nutrition in this meal comes from all of the fresh veggies you used. So good!!!
For 3 servings, each serving has 237 calories, 12.8g of fat, 26.3g carbs, 12.1g fiber, and 10.2g protein. (I used sparkrecipes.com to calculate this.)