The perfect dessert. Or breakfast. Or random healthy snack.
I tried making muffin faces with strawberries and blueberries. They don’t look too happy. Sorry, it was 12AM.
OMG gorgeous! Look how they turned out!
Moist and superbly delightful. Not too sweet.
* 100g instant oatmeal
* 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
* 1 TBSP baking powder
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1/8 tsp salt
* 1 cup of mashed banana (I used 2 bananas and the bread was just sweet enough, but if you like really sweet, use 3)
* 1/4 cup splenda (didn’t have any, so used regular sugar, that’s why the muffin is 100 cals, it could be less)
* 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
* 3 TBSP egg white
* 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
* 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Mix all dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Set oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Then mix all of the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl. I added the banana to this mixture and mushed it up with a spoon. I left it kind of chunky so that I could taste the chunks in my muffin.
3. Now mix both together in the large mixing bowl.
4. Once all stirred up and even, spray a muffin pan with cooking spray and then dollop the batter into each little muffin hole. Makes 12.
5. Top with fruits if you desire.
6. Place in oven for 15-20 min. To check if your muffins are done, take a toothpick and puncture the bread. If it comes out clean you’re done. If it comes out with some goo sticking on it, you need to leave it in the oven a wee bit longer.
OMG YUM is all I have to say. I was supposed to only “try” one, but I ate two and yes I could still eat more. They are soooooooooooo goooooooood! Moist and just SLIGHTLY sweet. If you really like super sweetness, add the 3rd banana.
1 muffin (1 serving): 100 calories, 0.8g fat, 22 g carbs, 2.2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Total recipe (12 muffins): 1200 calories, 10g fat, 255g carbs, 27g fiber, 35g protein. Vitamin A 6%. Vitamin C 42%. Calcium 14%. Iron 38%.