Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Carrots
There are tons of sweet potato and carrot mash recipes, but this is the simplest and contains no extra cream, milk, sugar, or butter. I think the carrots and the sweet potatoes are rich enough naturally. Recipe is so easy!
– 1 part carrot
– 1 part sweet potato (I left skin on)
– Lemon juice to taste
– Salt and pepper to taste if desired (I didn’t actually need to add any)
1. Cut carrots and sweet potatoes into small chunks.
2. Boil water and place chopped carrots and potatoes in once water is bubbling.
3. Cook for as long as it takes for veggies to get tender enough to mash. Check with a fork and see if the prongs can easily puncture the potatoes and carrots.
4. Once soft enough, drain the water from the pot and then use a masher to mush everything together. Add salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste if desired.
That’s it! And you’re ready to eat! Yum!
Nutrition info: serving = 8oz, 154 calories, 0g fat, 35g carbs, 3g protein, 7g fiber.