baked potatoes but think they’re just too heavy…I give you Balsamic Glazed Carrots!
Serves 4 (as a side)
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 4 tbsp butter (melted)
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1/2-3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp chives (minced)
- Preheat oven to 425F and spread the carrots onto a baking sheet.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the carrots and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 425F until carrots are tender (about 25-30 minutes).
- Toss the carrots in a medium bowl with 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar, adding more if desired.
- Add the chives and continue to toss until well-coated and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Got this recipe here: http://www.foodbuzz.com/recipes/3310341-balsamic-glazed-carrots, but that seems like A LOT of butter. I will use my light butter instead and will also cut the amount in half. I am not sure if this will compromise the flavor, but seriously, I can eat plain boiled carrots so that should be fine.