So here’s my little cooking video on the high protein yogurt oatcakes. They turned out super tasty and gave me tons of energy for my workout today. At only 136 calories a serving, this satiating meal was heaven sent. Protein to help build lean muscle mass and carbs for energy. Will definitely make them again!
Check out my big finale “pancake flip” towards the end. It’s quite epic. Below is the recipe from This Mama Cooks.
High Protein Yogurt Oatcakes
Makes four servings of three pancakes (3-4”)
– 1 cup instant, one-minute, old fashioned, or steel cut Quaker oats*
– 6 egg whites
– 1 cup fat-free Greek Style yogurt
– 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
– 1T agave nectar, honey, maple syrup or sugar
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
Calories – 136
Fat – 12 calories, 2g
Fiber – 1g
Protein – 11g
Carbs – 21g
Sugars – 9g
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and puree.
- Coat a hot pancake griddle or frying pan with a little butter, oil or a non-stick spray.
- Pour approximate 1/4 cup of batter to make a 3-4” pancake. Flip over once the batter starts to bubble.
*Quaker Oats are the same nutritionally. They roll the oats thinner to make them faster cooking. So steel cut isn’t better than old fashioned or instant.
Approximate nutritional Information for 3 pancakes (1 serving)
Each pancake is one Weight Watcher POINT.
Here’s the link to where I got the recipe: