from SUNSET Magazine.
Time: 20 minutes. This savory spinach dip takes its flavor cues from spanakopita. Serve it with warm pita bread or crisp crudités.
Yield: 2 1/2 cups (serving size: 1/4 cup)
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 1/4 cup roughly chopped shallots
– 4 green onions, chopped
– 1 tablespoon minced garlic
– 12 ounces spinach leaves
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
– 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
– 1 cup Greek yogurt
– 1/2 cup finely crumbled feta cheese
– 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
– Freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add shallots, onions, and garlic and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add spinach and cook, stirring often, until wilted, about 2 minutes.
2. Using a slotted spoon, scoop spinach into a food processor; pulse until roughly puréed, about 5 pulses. Add remaining ingredients except pepper, pulse once just to combine, then season to taste with pepper.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
- Calories: 86 (68% from fat)
- Protein: 3.7g
- Fat:6.5g (sat 3.2)
I am going to take out the olive oil and the feta cheese. I am using non fat plain greek yogurt. This should help lower that caloric intake. Will let you know how it tastes!